Artificial Intelligence (AI) combines science and engineering to allow us to design and programme machines capable carrying out tasks that require intelligent behaviour. The social and economic potential of AI is undeniable, and is providing companies with an array of new ways in which to improve their processes, meet the needs of their clients and strengthen the business sector as a whole.
One of the specific aims of AI4GALICIA is to offer high added-value services in the following areas:
R&D and technology services
AI4GALICIA and its centres of expertise offer clients their knowledge, ability and experience in relation to the business applications of Artificial Intelligence research across all sectors:
- Machine learning
- Computer Vision
- Natual Language Processing
- Intelligent systems
- Big Data
- Information retrieval systems
- Statistic techniques and mathematical optimisation
- High Performance Computing
- Smart networks and services (5G, IoT)
Teaching and training
In order make themselves more competitive, companies must be able to hire and retain highly qualified personnel, and to provide their workers with the skills necessary to use Artificial Intelligence technologies. As one of its main objectives, therefore, AI4GALICIA offers:
- Undergraduate studies in advanced technical skills: Computer Engineering, Data Science and Engineering, Digital Information and Documentation Management, and Digital Creation, Animation and Videogames.
- Market-oriented Master’s and PhD studies: cybersecurity, bioinformatics, high performance computing (HPC), geoinformatics, industrial mathematics, statistical techniques, computation, mobile networks, etc.
- Cross-disciplinary skills training: European projects, software patents and registration, quality standards, communication, etc.
- Specialised courses for businesses: blockchain, deep learning, Python, VMware, supercomputing and mathematical finance, etc.
- Business coaching and mentoring.
- Specific events and workshops: Big Data Coruña, Machine Learning Workshop Galicia, CyberCoruña, XoveTIC, Conference on Security and Defence, etc.
AI4GALICIA offers support services throughout the life cycle of processes related to the creation and valorisation of knowledge, including:
- Protection of intellectual property (IPR)
- Knowledge transfer
- Innovation strategies and technology roadmapping
- Data exploitation models
- R&D identification, validation and marketing
- Connection with other hubs
- Incubator and accelerator programmes for start-ups and spin-offs
AI4GALICIA offers support services to companies seeking funding from Spanish and European agencies to develop new digital technologies and incorporate them into their production processes. These services include:
- Funding advice in relation to regional, national and European R&D grant schemes
- Technological surveillance
- Access to Spanish and European technology networks and platforms
- Participation in brokerage and networking events